About New Urban Online
The mission of New Urban Online is to provide each student with a high-quality, well-rounded educational experience that is rigorous, culturally responsive, personalized, and engaging.
New Urban Online is an educational option* available to any North Clackamas School District student.
- For the 2023-24 school year, enrollment is open to students in grades 6-12.
New Urban Online offers a unique combination of independent learning in online curriculum and virtual, face-to-face connections with staff and peers. While each course is led by a certified teacher, student learning is self directed. Additional support and guidance from a consistent adult learning coach is necessary.
New Urban Online provides:
- Flexibility with pace, coursework, and credits
- Responsiveness to individual student needs and time
- A safe environment for learning that promotes student and family wellness
- Independence with work that fosters a sense of responsibility and self-advocacy
- Accommodation of a variety of student and family lifestyles and schedules
- Rigorous academic instruction focused on Oregon state standards